From Cycle City - The Alameda Trek Bike Shop
'DEAL OF THE MONTH
|Trek Madone 3.1 2012
|Available in 54cm Only|
- New 6 Series-inspired frame offers carbon performance and road-smoothing comfort
- Incredible value—our least expensive Madone ever
- BB86.5 bottom bracket improves pedaling performance for exhilarating acceleration
- SpeedTrap compatible for seamless electronics integration
Enjoy all the advantages of Townie’s Flat Foot Technology®—comfort, control, efficiency and a wide view of the
road—along with a Shimano Nexus 3-speed internal hub that makes shifting as easy as a twist-of-the-wrist. The
gearing is protected inside the rear hub, so there’s virtually no maintenance required to keep shifting smoothly.
- Lightweight 6061-T6 Aluminum Frame
- Shimano Nexus Internal 3-Speed with Coaster Brake
- Shimano Revo Twist Shifter
- Linear-Pull Front Brake
- Double-Wall Alloy Rims
- 26”x 2.0” Semi-Slick Street Tires
Shimano’s rear foot operated coaster brake is complemented with a powerful, lever-operated linear-pull front brake.
Machined sidewalls on rims enhance style and stopping power. Shimano’s Nexus Internal-3 is the hub to have for a wide-ratio
3-speed gear range at the twist-of-the-wrist. Ergonomic Townie saddles are as comfortable and stylish
as your favorite pair of jeans. A durable cover surrounds a supportive multi-density foam base, suspended by lightweight,
shock-absorbing elastomer springs.